2019 Public Service Recognition Week
Kent County Board of Commissioners Chair Mandy Bolter presents the Chair’s Award for Excellence to Adam London, Administrative Health Officer of the Kent County Health Department. The award recognizes all the ways the department has responded to the PFAS situation in Kent County.
Ken Yonker (left) Kent County Drain Commissioner and Steve Watson I.T Manager with Kent County display the Excellence in Action Award presented for Innovation. The two departments worked together on a solution to preserve, organize and retrieve more than a quarter million documents, some of which date back to the mid 1800’s.
Kent County Commissioner Emily Brieve presents the Excellence in Action Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to Kent County Sheriff Michelle LaJoye-Young and Undersheriff Chuck DeWitt. The award recognizes efforts made by the Kent County Sheriff’s Department to advance a culture that demonstrates diversity, equity and inclusion through active engagement of removing barriers for underrepresented populations in the county or county workplace.
Kent County Commissioner Ted Vonk presents the Excellence in action Award for Collaboration to Department of Public Works Director Dar Bass and Paul Smith, manager of the Waste-to- Energy facility. Working together with dozens of police agencies, the agency provided special waste destruction of almost a quarter of a million pounds of illicit drugs, evidence, confidential documents, medical records and prescription and over the counter medications in 2018.
Kent County Commissioner Diane Jones presents the Excellence in Action Award for Community Impact to Kent County Treasurer Ken Parrish (right) and Deputy Treasurer Steven Orchard. The Treasurer’s office implemented a strategy to collect taxes from non-hotel paid accommodations, like those offered by Airbnb. In less than one year the Treasurer’s office has captured more than $100,000 for the coffers of the people of Kent County.
- Excellence in Collaboration: The Department of Public Works
- Excellence in Innovation: The Drain Commissioner and Information Technology
- Excellence in Diversity Equity and Inclusion: The Sheriff’s Department
- Excellence in Community Impact: The Treasurer’s Office
- Chair’s Award for Excellence: Health Department
- 2019 Letter to Employees: Thank you from Wayman Britt
- Excellence in Collaboration: Kent County Community Action, VASH Program
- Excellence in Community Impact: Kent County Health Department, PFAS Response
- Excellence in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Prosecutors’ Office, Community Outreach
- Excellence in Innovation: 17th Circuit Court, Girls Court
- The Chairman's Award: For Grit and Determination recognized two teams:
- The A360 Implementation Team (staff from Fiscal Services, Human Resources and Information Technology) that worked diligently over the past three years to implement an integrated Financial Management System;
- The Kent County Community Action (KCCA) Merger Team (employees from KCCA, Information Technology, Fiscal Services, Human Resources and Facilities Management) for delivering more effective and efficient community services.
- 2018 Letter to Employees: Thank you from Wayman Britt!
- Excellence in Innovation Award: Health Department – Academic Health Internship Program
- Excellence in Collaboration: Probate Court – Guardianship Program
- Excellence in Community Impact: 63rd District Court – Show Cause Docket
- Chairman’s Award: Daryl Delabbio for Fiscal Leadership
- 2017 Letter to Employees: Thank you from Daryl Delabbio
- 2016-2017 Excellence in Action Booklet
Performance by Department
- 63rd District Court | Presentation
- Circuit Court
- County Clerk / Register of Deeds | Presentation
- Drain Commission
- Equalization | Presentation
- Facilities | Presentation
- Fiscal Services | Presentation
- Friend of the Court
- Health Department
- Human Resources | Presentation
- Information Technology
- Kent County Community Action | Presentation
- Medical Examiner
- Parks Department | Presentation
- Policy / Administration
- Probate Court | Presentation
- Prosecutor's Office | Presentation
- Public Works | Presentation
- Sheriff Department
- Treasurer's Office
- Veterans Services | Presentation