Blood Borne Pathogen Prevention Training
Kent County Health Department offers in person, industry specific BBP trainings for body artists throughout the year, click the button below for a list of upcoming training events and to register.
Scheduling and Cancellation Policies
- The cost of the training is $30.00 per individual. This is payable online only with a credit/debit card. Multiple people from the same organization can be signed up as part of the same order paid for with the same credit card.
- Refunds will not be given under any circumstance.
- If a person registers and then cannot attend, they should find someone else to come in their place. If they are unable to find someone else, they should notify the Kent County Health Department at least 48 hours before the training. Their registration fee will be applied to an upcoming training.
- If a person does not attend the training or make other arrangements, their payment will be forfeited and they must pay again to attend a future training.
- All phone calls for rescheduling and cancellations should go to the Kent County Health Department Environmental Health Division at (616) 632-6900.
Minimum and Maximum Participant Policy
- If fewer than 8 people sign up 1 week before the training, the training will be cancelled. Registered participants will be notified.
- If a training at the Kent County Health Department is cancelled for any reason, registration fees will be applied to a future training.
- In-Shop trainings can be rescheduled up to 1 week in advance if there will not be at least 8 people in attendance. Registration fees will be applied to a future training. If at least one week of notice is not provided, registration fees that were paid by that shop will be forfeited and they will have to pay again to be trained in the future.
- A maximum of 20 people can attend trainings located at the Kent County Health Department.
- Maximum number of participants for In-Shop trainings will vary depending on the shop. The number will be decided by the Kent County Health Department before the training is scheduled.
Attendance and Assessment Policies
- All trainings at Kent County Health Department take place from 12 PM – 4 PM. Plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
- Doors will be closed 15 minutes after the training begins. People who arrive after that time cannot participate in the training. Their registration fee will be forfeited.
- In order to receive the Certificate of Completion, one must arrive on time, attend the entire training and pass the post test.
- Participants will be given worksheets to help them follow along with the information and recognize key points. Worksheets and notes can be used to help take the post test.
- Break times will be provided throughout the training. Restrooms, drinking fountains and vending machines are located nearby. Please return to the training room when the scheduled break time is over.
- Please turn off or silence any electronic devices during the training.
- The Kent County Health Department reserves the right to withhold the Certificate of Completion at their discretion.