Marriage License Application
- Set Date. Arrange for wedding ceremony and date before applying.
- Apply. One applicant must apply in online or in-person.
- Online Marriage License Application: Save a trip to the Clerk's Office by applying online. Fee is $3.00.
- In-Person Marriage License Application (PDF): Print off and fill out this application if you wish to apply in-person. Applications also available in-person at County Clerk's Office.
Parental or guardian consent is required for 16 - 17 year old applicants. One parent must be present to sign consent form with valid government issued ID.
- License is good for 33 days from and including application date.
- Witnesses must be 18 or older.
- License may be used in any county in Michigan.
- If ceremony is to be in English, then both parties must understand English.
Judges & Magistrates Who Perform Marriage Ceremonies In Kent County
Grand Rapids District Court (61st) (GR Residents Only)
180 Ottawa Avenue NW, Suite 1400
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Kentwood District Court (62-B)
4740 Walma Avenue SE
Kentwood, MI 49512
59th District Court (Grandville Residents Only)
3161 Wilson SE
Grandville, MI 49418
59th District Court (Walker Residents Only)
4343 Remembrance Road NW
Walker, MI 49534
63rd District Court
1950 East Beltline NE
Grand Rapids MI 49525
(616) 632-7770 press 0
62nd District Court - Wyoming (Wyoming Residents Only)
2650 DeHoop Avenue SW
Wyoming, MI 49509
Ministers, priest, rabbis, certain judges. etc, may perform marriage ceremonies in Michigan. Make sure to find out if the person performing your ceremony requires counseling. To obtain information on judges and magistrates in other Michigan counties, contact the County Clerk for the specific county.