Marriage License Application
- Set Date. Arrange for wedding ceremony and date before applying.
- Apply. Online Marriage License Application, save a trip to the Clerk's Office by applying online or download a Marriage License Application (PDF). Applications are also available in-person at County Clerk's Office.
- Social Security Numbers: You must provide social security numbers for both applicants. Applicants without a social security number must provide legal explanation in-person at the County Clerk's Office.
- Proof of Age. Government-issued birth certificates and current driver's licenses or state IDs
(copies sufficient) are required for both applicants. Documents must be in English.
Parental or guardian consent is required for 16 - 17 year old applicants. One parent must be present to sign consent form with valid government issued ID.
- Residence. At least one applicant must be a Kent County resident OR both applicants may be non-Michigan residents getting married in Kent County. Proof of address required by showing valid driver's license or state ID.
- Fee. $20.00 for county residents and $30.00 for out-of-state applicants.
- Pick Up. Pick up license in person no sooner than 3 days after application at County Clerk's Office with all required documents. The County Clerk's Office will NOT process marriage applications after 4:45pm--please plan accordingly.
- License is good for 33 days from and including application date.
- Witnesses must be 18 or older.
- License may be used in any county in Michigan.
- If ceremony is to be in English, then both parties must understand English.
Judges & Magistrates Who Perform Marriage Ceremonies In Kent County
Grand Rapids District Court (61st) (GR Residents Only)
180 Ottawa Avenue NW, Suite 1400
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Kentwood District Court
4740 Walma Avenue SE
Kentwood, MI 49512
Court (Grandville Residents Only)
3161 Wilson SE
Grandville, MI 49418
Court (Walker Residents Only)
4343 Remembrance Road NW
Walker, MI 49534
63rd District Court
1950 East Beltline NE
Grand Rapids MI 49525
(616) 632-7770 press 0
62nd District Court -
Wyoming (Wyoming Residents Only)
2650 DeHoop Avenue SW
Wyoming, MI 49509
Ministers, priest, rabbis, certain judges. etc, may perform marriage ceremonies in Michigan. Make sure to find out if the person performing your ceremony requires counseling. To obtain information on judges and magistrates in other Michigan counties, contact the County Clerk for the specific county.