One of Kent County's Core Values is to provide high-quality service to internal and external customers. It is with great pleasure we acknowledge the commitment of Iyana Goodson.
Ms. Goodson is a Corrections Officer with the Kent County Sheriff's Office and is recognized as the Kent County Quality Service Employee of the 1st Quarter of 2022. Iyana's high-quality service has made a meaningful impact on the residents of Kent County. The individual who nominated Iyana wrote:
"Iyana is always helpful and courteous when asked about specific inmates who are in COVID isolation. When an inmate is in isolation, they cannot leave the facility. If they have an outside appointment it is helpful to know when the inmate will be eligible for release from isolation. COVID-19 has certainly made getting some inmates out to court a frustrating project, but Iyana with her quick and helpful answers is always right there to help. Iyana is a great asset to the jail and classification in particular. Even when COVID-19 numbers were at the worst in the jail, I could still count on Iyana to answer all my questions about inmates in isolation. I appreciate her help immensely!"
Number of years employed by Kent County
"15 years on August 20th"
Hardest thing I've ever done
"The hardest thing I have done and still have to do daily is accept the fact that I am not in control of what happens in my life. I have a purpose in life, and it requires me to walk by faith and not by sight no matter how hard it is."
Three people (alive or dead) I'd invite to dinner
"I would invite Beyonce, the Obamas and Fannie Lou Hamer to dinner."
"I actually like to hike, snorkel and be outside. But only if it is not too hot and there are not a lot of bugs!"
What I like the most about working for Kent County is
"Being a liaison working with Inmate Services and Programming. I have taken the knowledge I gained over the years and have applied it to my current role. I have realized that I can have an impact on helping someone to better themselves. I like that my job is ever-changing, and I get to be a part of that change."
Please join us in congratulating Iyana for earning Kent County's Employee Recognition for Quality Service Award. If you know a Kent County employee who is deserving of this recognition, please complete the nomination form below.
- Must be a Kent County employee, cannot be an elected official or appointed individual.
- The employee must have helped to fulfill the County's mission by providing you with outstanding quality service.
- The employee must have projected courtesy and respect towards his or her customers.
- The employee must have demonstrated outstanding performance overall and must possess a favorable work record.
Selected Quality Service Employees will receive:
- A letter of appreciation from the Kent County Administrator/Controller;
- A service recognition article to be published in the County Communicator and;
- Recognition at a Kent County Board of Commissioner’s meeting and during the annual Kent County Work Team Recognition Breakfast.
Employee Recognition for Quality Service Nomination Form
Please take a moment to share your story with us by submitting the form below. Nominations may be submitted by anyone, including members of the public, co-workers, supervisors, administrators, elected officials, etc.