Kent County Community Action (KCCA) is continuing to accept applications for water/ sewer assistance for all residents of Kent County. Lists are CLOSED for electric, gas, deliverable fuels, rental and mortgage arrears assistance.
For our lists that are open, interested people should call 616-632-7950 and follow the prompts to leave a voicemail on our assistance line. We are encouraging everyone to speak clearly and include their full address in the message. We are discouraging callers from leaving more than one message as this will only slow down the process.
Developing Communities. Expanding Opportunity. Improving Lives.
We work to eliminate the causes and circumstances of poverty by investing in individuals and families with low incomes. Through dedicated staff and community partnerships we provide services, resources, education and advocacy to improve the quality of life for all residents of Kent County.
The Community Action Division focuses on meeting emergency needs such as, but not limited to, food, utility assistance, housing, transportation and socialization for residents of Kent County. Additionally, we assist with areas of self-sufficiency, medical insurance enrollment, tax preparation and information and referral services.
- 2021 Annual Report
- DRAFT 2022 Kent County HOME-ARP Allocation Plan
- 2021 Kent County Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2021 Reginal Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- 2021-2025 Kent County and Grand Rapids Consolidated Plan
- 2022 Kent County Community Development Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- 2019 Community Needs Assessment
- 2017-2021 Public Housing Authority 5-Year Plan
- 2019 Kent County Housing Commission Administrative Plan