Community Action

Developing Communities. Expanding Opportunity. Improving Lives.

We strive to assist Kent County individuals, families, and communities to achieve lasting economic security and move out of poverty

The Community Action Division focuses on meeting emergency needs such as, but not limited to, food, utility assistance, housing, transportation and socialization for residents of Kent County. Additionally, we assist with areas of self-sufficiency, medical insurance enrollment, tax preparation and information and referral services.

Applications & Wait Lists

OPEN: Assistance for households throughout Kent County with metered water and wastewater utilities is now OPEN.

CLOSED: KCCA is no longer assisting with gas, deliverable fuels, or electric. The lists for rental / mortgage arrears and weatherization assistance are currently closed.

The first step to apply, call 616-632-7950 and follow the prompts to leave a voicemail on our assistance line. Please speak clearly, include your full name, address, and phone number in the message.

Please do not leave more than one message. This will only slow down the process.

Volunteers Needed

We are seeking volunteers for upcoming food distribution events.

Learn More