CLOSED: Lists are CLOSED for electric, gas, deliverable fuels, rental and mortgage arrears assistance.
OPEN: We are continuing to accept applications for water/sewer assistance for all residents of Kent County.
For our lists that are open, call 616-632-7950 and follow the prompts to leave a voicemail on our assistance line. Please speak clearly and include your full address in the message.
Please do not leave more than one message. This will only slow down the process.
Developing Communities. Expanding Opportunity. Improving Lives.
We strive to assist Kent County individuals, families, and communities to achieve lasting economic security and move out of poverty
The Community Action Division focuses on meeting emergency needs such as, but not limited to, food, utility assistance, housing, transportation and socialization for residents of Kent County. Additionally, we assist with areas of self-sufficiency, medical insurance enrollment, tax preparation and information and referral services.
- 2023 Kent County HOME-ARP Allocation Plan
- 2023 Kent County Community Development Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- 2023 Community Needs Assessments
- Strategic Plan 2021 - 2025
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2021 Annual Report
- 2021 Kent County Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2021 Reginal Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- 2021-2025 Kent County and Grand Rapids Consolidated Plan
- 2019 Community Needs Assessment
- 2017-2021 Public Housing Authority 5-Year Plan
- 2019 Kent County Housing Commission Administrative Plan