Pregnancy & Parenting Support Services
Maternal & Infant Health
All medicaid eligible pregnant women & infants (0-12 months) in Kent County.
The Kent County Maternal Infant Health Program is a free program for pregnant women and infants. Services include support, referrals to community agencies, prenatal/parenting education, checking on infant health, and child development. The program is tailored to each family's needs and will help with any concerns parents may have. Services are provided by nurses, social workers, dietitians, and community health workers. Typically, services are provided in the parent's home, but can be provided at a location of the parent's choice.
Program services are home based & include:
- Assisting the family to identify needs, goals and resources.
- Advocating on behalf of the family to obtain services, if needed.
- Assessing baby's growth and development.
- Pregnancy, Parenting & Health Education.
- Referrals to Community Services.
- Assist with breastfeeding.
Kent County Wants Healthy Babies
|Crying||Discipline, Children 0-3|
|Going to the Store||Lying|
|Bike Safety||Temper Tantrums|
|Teaching Independence||Poison Prevention|
|When to Call the Doctor||Discipline, Children 3-5|