Kent County Veterans Services
To provide accurate, efficient, and timely information and services to ensure delivery of benefits to enhance the quality of life for Kent County veterans and their families.
We aim to serve the veterans in our community, to assist them in getting the benefits they are entitled to at county, state, and federal levels, as well as connecting them with resources in the community.
The Kent County Veterans Services was established under PA 192 of 1953 in September of 2008. The KCVS is funded through Kent County General Funds and exists to serve the veterans of Kent County and their families.
The department assists with:
- Service-Connected Disability Claims
- Applying for VA non service-connected pensions
- Applying for Surviving Spouse Pensions
- County and federal burial benefits
- Veterans ID Cards
- Eligibility Verification Reports
- Educational benefits
- Retrieving military service records
- Soldiers and Sailors Relief Fund
- Working with social services and government agencies
- Upgrading of discharges, if possible
- Document notarizing
- Many other Veterans issues.
The Kent County Veterans Services Department provides information, referrals, and support services to honorably discharged, wartime veterans and their families.
The department provides burial assistance for eligible veterans and their spouses; reimbursement of foundation costs to put a Veterans Administration marker on the graves of eligible veterans; non-recurring, emergency financial assistance for eligible veterans or their surviving spouses; and a contact for both the general public and veterans to receive information about other veterans' services and programs that are available.