Volunteer Public Relations
Nature of Work
This is a volunteer position. Volunteers in this capacity will be responsible for answering the inmate information phone line. Duties will include providing phone assistance to citizens that call for information.
- Must have an interest in volunteering time to help citizens on the phone.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must undergo a criminal history background check.
- Volunteers will be required to attend an orientation program.
- Must be able to understand the laws and rules of the department.
- Must have the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Professionally answer phone calls
- Answer questions about inmates
- Use Inmate lookup and other similar programs to retrieve inmate information
For more information on the Volunteer Public Relations Specialist please contact: