911 Communications Center
Non-emergency calls for service are answered 24/7 at (616) 632-6100.
- Dogs, stray, non-aggressive – Contact Kent County Animal Control (616) 632-7300
- Dogs, Stray, aggressive, including dog bites – Contact Kent County Animal Control – (616) 632-7300
- Cats (All) – Neither Animal Control or the Sheriff Department respond to calls regarding cats, however stray cats may be dropped off to the Animal Shelter.
- Livestock, stray, in the roadway - Contact Kent County Communications Center at (616) 632-6100.
- Deer, on the roadway, dead or alive - Contact Kent County Communications Center at (616) 632-6100.
- Deer, on private property, injured – Contact the DNR at (517) 284-WILD.
- Wildlife, aggressive, threat to public safety - Contact Kent County Communications Center at (616) 632-6100.
- Wildlife, non-aggressive, no threat – Complaints regarding protected animals are handled by the DNR. Animal Control will not respond to wildlife on private property. The homeowner will need to call a pest control agency.
CCW, Gun Permits & Hunting Questions
Information regarding CCW and gun permits can be answered on our Information Services page under Acquiring Gun Permits and Registrations. Cities and townships have their own hunting ordinances. Please check their website or call their office if you have any questions. Questions about hunting education and practices may be answered on the Michigan DNR website.
- Child Safety Seat Laws
The state law regarding fireworks is that they are legal the day BEFORE, the DAY OF, and the day AFTER the following ten FEDERAL holidays:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Washington’s Birthday
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Christmas Day
Cities and townships reserve the right to place time restrictions on when fireworks may be used. Please check their website or call their offices for further information. View additional information about fireworks.
Noise complaints may be handled by an officer in one of two ways, either under state law or under city/township ordinance. Please check your city/township website or call their office if you have questions about a particular ordinance. If you have an in-progress complaint, you may call the Kent County Communications Center at (616) 632-6100 anytime.
Online Incident Reporting (Coplogic)
Online reporting for certain crimes and civil issues may be available at www.kcsdonline.com. Please call the Kent County Communications Center at (616)632-6100 for assessment of the complaint. This is a timesaving tool for residents who live in Kent County townships (not cities). All submitted complaints will be evaluated by uniformed personnel.
Handicap Parking: You may call the Kent County Communications Center at (616) 632-6100 if you witness a handicap parking violation.
Private Property: Private property is any property not open to the general public, such as apartments, trailer parks, and private businesses not open to the public. Parking complaints on these properties should be directed to management or business owners.
Fire Lane Parking: You may call the Kent County Communications Center at (616) 632-6100 if you witness a fire lane violation.
Winter Odd/Even Parking: Cities and townships have their own ordinances for winter parking. Please check their websites or call their office if you have any questions.
- Road Conditions