School Bus Safety
Report any suspicious vehicles or persons near the bus stop to police immediately at 632-6100 or 911.
Waiting for the Bus at the Bus Stop
- Stay a safe distance from the roadway.
- No pushing or horseplay.
- Do not throw things.
- Do not fight.
- When the bus arrives, stay away from the wheels.
- Do not approach the bus until the driver opens the door.
- Watch for the red lights, and then walk to the bus.
Riding on the Bus
- Take a seat on the bus quickly and quietly.
- Stay in your seat.
- Talk quietly.
- Never stick your hands or head out the window.
- Do not throw anything outside the window or inside the bus.
- Follow the bus rules and bus driver’s instructions.
- Do not exit the bus until the driver tells you to.
Crossing in Front of the Bus
- Stop at the edge of the roadway.
- Look right and left.
- Look at the driver for a signal to cross.
- Keep watching for traffic as you walk, do not run.
- Never walk behind the bus.
If our children follow these important safety tips it will prevent unfortunate accidents. Please review these tips with your child before they go back to school this year.
If you have any questions about these safety tips, please feel free to contact the Community Services Unit at: (616) 632-6220.