Juvenile Detention Center
The programming options at Kent County Juvenile Detention Center involve many aspects of the lives of our children. We strive to show them, through our outside group activities and volunteer programs, the wide range of experiences that may brighten and encourage them to try new things and make new attempts at changing their lives for the better. Therefore, we are always looking for new faces to influence and promote exciting new views and opportunities for the youth housed here.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for Juvenile Detention, please fully complete the documents below.
- Juvenile Detention Volunteer Application
- Central Registry Clearance Instructions
- Central Registry Clearance Request
For questions about the above opportunities, please contact Chris Fillwock, Program Director, (616) 632-5777 or click his name for a link to his email.
All documents can either be faxed, emailed, mailed, or dropped off at the Juvenile Detention Center.
Currently, we are in need of:
- Creative Writing/Poetry Instructor - Weekly
- Arts & Crafts Instructor - Weekly
- Birthday Club Leader - Monthly
(Must be willing to provide cake and gifts)
- Tutor (All Subjects) - Weekly
- Dance Instructor - Weekly
- Music Instructor - Weekly
(Must be willing to bring musical instruments)
- Drama/Theater Instructor - Weekly