For the health and safety of the public and our community, pursuant to the Governor’s
Executive Orders and the Michigan Supreme Court’s Administrative Orders, the 63rd
District Court is limiting access to courtrooms and other spaces to no more than 10
persons, including staff; practicing social distancing and mask use; and limiting in-
courthouse activity by utilizing remote appearances to the greatest extent possible.
Remote Participation a Hearing
- All non-emergency matters are held remotely via Zoom. To the greatest extent possible, all essential and emergency matters are also held remotely.
- To enable remote appearances, the court’s schedule has changed.
- Parties will receive their new dates by mail, along with instructions for remote appearance. Parties should contact the court with any questions before the date of the hearing.
- The lobby is closed and there is no in-person assistance.
- Court staff are helping the public by email and telephone. DCCustomer@kentcountymi.gov (616) 632-7770
- There is no entry for anyone who:
- Displays signs or symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough or worsening cough (excluding chronic cough due to known medical reasons), shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and/or new loss of taste or smell.
- Has a diagnosis of COVID-19.
- In the last 14 days, has had close contact with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19.
In all matters, the court will utilize remote appearances to the greatest extent possible.
Many hearings will be held remotely using Zoom Videoconferencing Software. Refer to the instructions provided with your notice of hearing. Do not appear in-person.
If you have any questions, please contact the 63rd District Court at DCCustomer@kentcountymi.gov. Persons without access to email may call (616) 632-7770.
Payments can be made online or by mail to the court.
Civil Infraction and Misdemeanor Payments-no fee
63rd District Court Payments
Pleadings must be mailed to the court with the filing fee.
Livestream Courtroom Proceedings
To ensure court proceedings are accessible to the public, the 63rd District Court is broadcasting all remote-appearance public hearings live via YouTube while court is in session.
Courtroom of Honorable Jeffrey J. O’Hara Livestream
Courtroom of Honorable Sara J. Smolenski Livestream
Courtroom of the Magistrate Livestream
ALERT: Due to intermittent technical difficulties, any court hearings that cannot be livestreamed on YouTube will be recorded and posted to YouTube by the close of business each day. Any recorded hearings will remain on the YouTube channel for 24 hours.
Attention Members of the Media: If you wish to record virtual court proceedings, you must file a MC 27 – Request and Notice for Film and Electronic Media Coverage of Court Proceedings with the Court. This form may be e-mailed to DCCustomer@kentcountymi.gov.