KCCA provides Homeless Prevention financial assistance whenever funding is available.
- Payment will only be authorized if it will resolve the emergency and client is able to maintain housing going forward.
- Assistance with Homeless Prevention will only be provided once within a 24 month period
Rental Arrears Assistance
- Demand for possession
- facing eviction
- Eviction notice or precariously housed
- Includes lot rent
- Past due payment notices from Mortgage Company.
- Homeowner must be the principle resident of property.
- Approved payment must eliminate the foreclosure process
- Client must maintain ownership
First Month Rent
- Client Must provide deposit
- Applicant must be resident of Kent County
- Must be a US Citizen or Qualified Alien
- Household (gross) income must be at or below 125% of FPL
Home Rehabilitation Program
The principle purpose of Kent County's Housing Rehabilitation Program is to maintain or improve the structural condition and safety of homes belonging to low and moderate income households within Kent County. The Program is funded with Federal Community Development Block Grant funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The Program provides funding to homeowners in the form a deferred lien that does not accrue interest nor do they require a monthly payment. These loans are only due in full upon sale or transfer of the property.
Eligible work includes the correction of code violations, accessibility improvements, hazard abatement, necessary plumbing and heating improvements, energy efficiency improvements, etc. Emergency funds are also available when health and safety issues must be immediately addressed.
Contractors interested in being approved for participation in Kent County's Housing Rehabilitation Program and being invited to bid on the projects must be approved by the Kent County Purchasing Department. To begin the registration process, go to Vender Registration.
Please note: Online application requires a valid email address
If you have questions or need assistance with the application please contact Community Development at 616-632-7950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.