Outreach and Assistance
Senior Outreach and Assistance provides information, referrals and follow-up to link seniors with specific needs to available resources. The goal is to keep seniors independent and residing in their own homes. Kent County Community Action's Latin American and Native American Services staff will provide assistance to those seniors who face language and cultural barriers.
KCCA assists with things such as:
- Utility Assistance
- Scheduling appointments
- Housing search assistance
- Must be 60 years or older or have a spouse 60 years or older.
- Must reside in Kent County.
- Must complete an application. Bilingual staff are available to assist.
Native American Specialized Outreach & Assistance
By working closely with Native American tribes and specific departments KCCA can also assist Native American seniors age 55 years or older with additional things such as:
- Referrals to Indian Health Services, which includes assistance with filling out paperwork for the patient registration (new & annual).
- The request of applications from the tribe and assistance with filling them out and sending back in.
Little River Band’s food distribution offers a great program for elders of any federally recognized tribe living within Kent County who are income eligible. They will deliver the food right to your home once a month. Assistance with filling out the application and providing the documents needed can be provided at KCCA. For more information on this program click here.
Latin American Specialized Outreach & Assistance
By working closely with Latin American participants our bilingual KCCA staff can also assist with additional things such as:
- Referrals to Health Services, which includes assistance with filling out paperwork for the patient registration
- Translation for monolingual participants