17th Circuit Court

Minor Guardianships

In 2020, the Circuit Court began hearing Minor Guardianship cases (case types GM and LG) as part of the Court’s concurrent jurisdiction plan with the Probate Court. These cases are assigned to the seven Circuit Court Judges that make up the Court’s Civil Criminal Division.

Forms to file, modify or terminate a minor guardianship can be obtained from the Legal Assistance Center, located on the 5th Floor of the Kent County Courthouse. Certified copies of Letters of Guardianship can be purchased from the Circuit Court Clerk located on the second floor of the Courthouse.

The required Annual Report for granted cases is available below:

Please note: at this time, renewed letters are no longer available for immediate pickup. After your report is filed, new letters will be processed and returned via mail.