Friend of the Court
Kent County Friend of the Court
82 Ionia Ave. NW
PO Box 351
Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0351
General Information: (877) 543-2660
Fax: (616) 632-6871
(8:00am to 4:30pm, Mon - Fri)
The City of Grand Rapids Monroe Center lot offers the first hour of parking for free. It is shown along with our office location here:
The FOC offices are closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day, Tuesday, 1/1/2019
- Martin Luther King Day, Monday, 1/21/2019
- Memorial Day, Monday, 5/27/2019
- Independence Day, Thursday, 7/4/2019
- Labor Day, Monday, 9/2/2019
- Veterans Day, Monday, 11/11/2019
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, 11/28/2019
- Day After Thanksgiving Day, Friday, 11/29/2019
- Christmas Eve, Tuesday, 12/24/2019
- Christmas, Wednesday, 12/25/2019
Communication with the Friend of the Court Office
Please keep the FOC informed of changes in vital information concerning your case. Provide the FOC with a written notice of any changes of: addresses, names, sources of income, medical insurance, telephone numbers, marital status of parties and minors, legal guardianships/ adoptions, financial status including bankruptcy, and physical custody of the child. Also, notify the FOC of the death of a party or child, the termination of parental rights, the reconciliation of parties, a child's high school graduation date and any other activity in any other court affecting your child.
Access to Friend of the Court Records
- Case information will only be given to parties involved in a case and the attorneys of record.
- Legal advice is not available from the staff; if an inquiry requires legal advice, a private attorney must be consulted.
- You must pre-pay when you submit the Request to Access form. The cost is $10.00 per CD or $1.00 per page. There is an additional cost if you want your CD or documents from your file mailed to you. See the cover sheet on the Request to Access form for more information and the Local Administrative Order.