Friend of the Court
The Friend of the Court (FOC) serves as the enforcement and investigative arm of the Circuit Court Family Division. FOC employees are court employees.
With over 38,000 cases, the FOC is tasked with: (1) Enforcement of child support orders, (2) Enforcement of custody and parenting time orders, (3) Reviewing the amount of child support consistent with the Michigan Child Support Formula, (4) Investigating and making recommendations to the Court about custody and parenting time issues, and (5) Providing mediation services for custody and parenting time issues.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm
How to Contact Us
- Call us at (616) 632-6888 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- E-mail us at email@example.com. Please include your name and case number in the e-mail. A FOC employee will respond as soon as possible.
- Contact us via 2-Way Communication through the MiSupport website.
- For MiSDU payment information, call (877) 543-2660
- Access your case online through the MiChildSupport site
Support Payment Options
- Payment Window in Lobby - Cash, certified checks or money orders are accepted (make payable to the Kent County Friend of the Court)
- Pay Online
- Pay By Mail - MiSDU, P.O. Box 30351, Lansing, MI 48909-7851
- Pay With Cash - Pay Near Me (CVS Pharmacy, 7-Eleven and Family Dollar)
- Evaluation Payments - Cash or money order only
Kent County Friend of the Court, P.O. Box 351
Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0351
FOC Drop Box Station
The drop box for documents and non-cash payments is available on the first floor of 82 Ionia Ave.
How Are We Doing?
Please spend a few minutes to review your service - Let us know what we did right and how we can improve!FOC Survey »
Created by Grand Valley State University's Suzanne Zack and the students in GVSU's Animation Outreach, North Part Montessori students and staff, and the Grand Rapids Community Media Center.
When changes are needed in your parenting time order.
How to make changes to your child support order.
Mediation is used to help resolve issues and make changes to your custody and/or parenting time order.
Various ways to make child support payments.
Visit the FOC website for information, forms, and office hours.
Submit updated changes in health insurance information to FOC within 21 days