Tax Payment Options
The Kent County Treasurer's Office has many payment options (methods of payment) available to taxpayers who cannot or do not wish to pay in person.
Please have your Parcel Number or address ready.
Select "Continue to PayitLogin" option and follow the Step-by-Step process. (You can continue process as Guest if you do not want to set up an account.)
You have the option to Pay full amount or pay a partial amount.
- e-Check-ACH (Electronic debit to a checking or savings account). $0 e-Check fee
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club International. An added fee of 2.98% is charged to each credit card transaction; this fee is added and collected by a third-party credit card processing company. The fee is paid to the service provider, not the Kent County Treasurer.
Pay By Mail
Checks or money orders can be made payable to the Kent County Treasurer.
Kent County Treasurer
P.O. Box Y
Grand Rapids, MI 49501-4925
Please note your parcel ID on the check. A receipt will be mailed back to your check’s address. The parcel ID or address of the property should be written on the check’s memo line.
*Failure to include parcel ID or address may result in having your payment returned to you.
A Note About Checks
When paying by check be sure that the face of your check has the following:
- Name and current address
- Parcel Number
- Current date (no post-dated checks)
- Valid signature
- Made payable to Kent County Treasurer
Please use the envelopes provided when mailing in your payment.
Pay By Mobile App
Avoid heavy traffic, increased parking rates, and long lines. Download and use the Kent County Mobile App to make property tax payments.
Pay In Person
The Kent County Treasurer's Office is open to the public for the following transactions:
- Required in person cash transactions*
- Deed Certifications
*Taxpayers not requiring assistance are encouraged to make payments on-line, by mail or via mobile app.
You will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing. Please do not bring anyone with you unless his or her assistance is necessary to help you during the appointment.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Kent County Administration Building
300 Monroe Ave NW - 1st Floor
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Methods of Payment
- Cash, money order, personal or cashier checks
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express Discover, Diners Club International (a 2.35% fee will apply)