Register of Deeds
In today's competitive market, being able to save time and money, while supplying superior service to your clients and customers is critical. Electronic recording provides the opportunity to do all three while maintaining the service you expect from your local Register of Deeds office.
On August 27, 2013, the Michigan Electronic Recording Commission adopted the Michigan eRecording Standards, effective January 1, 2014. Information regarding these standards can be found at The Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget website.
Kent County's eRecording Business Rules
- Documents are accepted and processed between the hours of 8:00AM and 5:00PM Monday - Friday excluding holidays observed by Kent County.
- Payments are currently accepted by ACH per the agreements with the eRecording vendors.
- Party's submitting documents that violate Michigan eRecording Standards will have their ability to submit documents terminated until further notice.
- Kent County Register of Deeds reserves the right to reject any electronically submitted documents that do not comply with the Michigan Recording Act and other applicable laws.
- Any amendments and/or alterations to these business rules will be published on this webpage 90 days prior to taking effect.
- Kent County Register of Deeds will only collect recording fees prescribed by state and local statutes. Additional processing fees may be collected by eRecording vendors.
- Electronically recorded documents will be returned to the submitter in electronic format per the agreements with the eRecording vendors.
We currently accept documents from three of the major eRecording vendors. Please contact the companies regarding information and pricing:
For Kent County specific eRecording questions, please contact:
Register of Deeds