Register of Deeds
Register of Deeds Office records all documents pertaining to real property in Kent County, including deeds, mortgages, land contracts, liens and other documents pertaining to real estate.
The goals of the Office are:
- To provide service and information as to the public record regarding real property located in Kent County
- To promptly process and accept for public record all documents received pursuant to the Michigan Recording Act
- To research and develop new ways of using technology to improve the input, storage, and retrieval of information
Individuals interested in changing the ownership properties listed on their deed should consider one of the following options:
- Contact an Attorney familiar with Real Property Law in the State of Michigan
- Contact a local title company
- Acquire and complete a blank deed to have recorded at the Register of Deeds Office. Suggested places to find blank deeds are office supply stores. Blank deeds found online may or may not conform to recording requirements
The Register of Deeds office does not supply blank deeds or offer advice on the preparation of deeds.