Benefits Coverage: Changing Benefit Elections
Changing Your Elections
Benefits cannot be changed outside of the open enrollment period, except in the event of significant family status changes. These changes in circumstances include:
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption of a child
- A covered dependent reaching the limiting age*
*Dependent will automatically be dropped from coverage at the end of the month in which they turn 26 years of age. No forms required.
- Death of a spouse or covered dependent
- If you or your dependents have other coverage, but lose eligibility for that other coverage
- Spouse’s loss or gain of equivalent coverage through his/her employer, or
- Change in job status of employee or spouse
You must notify the Human Resources Department within thirty (30) days of the event in order to make any changes to your benefits. Documentation must be submitted, along with a completed Kent County Benefit Election Form, to verify eligibility for the change(s) requested. Proof of relationship will be required if you are adding a dependent(s).What Do I Need To Do?