Concealed Pistol License
Application for a Concealed Pistol License (CPL)
Application: Obtain application from the County Clerk or download application (rev 11/2015)
New: $100 to County Clerk and $15 to fingerprinting agency
Renewal: $115 to County Clerk
Training: (Must be taken w/in last 5 years) Complete before applying with certificate containing
- The statement “This course complies with section 5j of 1927 PA 372”
- Printed name, signature, and telephone number of course instructor
- Individual has successfully completed the course
- Name of training organization that certified instructor (e.g., NRA, MCOLES, etc)
- Training organization telephone number
- Instructor’s certification number and expiration date
Submit: completed application with attachments (safety training certificate, proof of prohibited premises qualification, if applicable), and State of Michigan ID.
New: Must be fingerprinted after submitting application.
Renewal: May not have to be reprinted if still an active renewal (i.e., it has been less than a year from expiration).
Reapplications: Must re-take the training class and be fingerprinted again (applying more than a year after expiration
Approval: Licenses will be mailed to address indicated on application.
License Term: A license is valid until applicant’s birth date “that falls not less than 4 years or more than 5 years after license is issued” after approval.
Lost License replacement fee: $10.00
Renewal: Apply for renewal up to 6 months before your current license expires to avoid a gap in your ability to carry concealed. Renewals may be submitted in-person using the application form. Additionally, you may apply for renewal online, via the Michigan State Police portal. To acquire your renewal PIN please email email@example.com or call 616-632-7640