Resources for Residents
If you need assistance with food, rent or utilities CALL 2-1-1
Report a Complaint
Please contact one of these agencies to report suspected violations of the Governor’s COVID-19 Executive Orders:
- Employees whose complaints are directed towards their employer should notify Michigan OSHA.
- Complaints for Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development licensed facilities such as grocery stores, farms, production facilities please contact MDARD.
- Complaints regarding Health Care Facilities, Adult Foster Care/Nursing Homes, Hair/Nail Salon facilities, Lodging/Hotels please contact LARA
- Complaints regarding Day Care, please contact MDHHS
- All complaints may be sent to the State of Michigan Attorney General’s office and they will be redirected as appropriate.
- Complaints for Restaurants, Public Pools, Body Art facilities, please contact the Kent County Health Department. Submit a Complaint
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- MDHHS Resources for Residents
- CDC Guidelines for Home Cleaning
- Multi-Language Resources
- COVID-19 Test Site Finder
- Criteria for Ending Isolation: For People Who Have Tested Positive (Multiple Languages)
- Prevention Information & Recommendations
- Grab & Go Meals for Schools (Kent ISD District Food Plans)
- YMCA Food Distribution | Spanish
- Kent County Food Access Sites
- Kent County Community Action - Emergency Food Assistance Program
- Consumers Energy Assistance Policies and Programs during COVID-19
- Kent County Community Action Utility Assistance Program
- Kent County Relief Fund - Emergency cash relief for Kent County families affected by COVID-19
- Assistance for Low-Income Michiganders
- MiMortgage Relief Partnership - Under this partnership, participating financial
institutions have agreed that they will continue to work with their impacted residential mortgage loan
borrowers in at least the following ways:
- Providing affected borrowers with a 90-day grace period for all mortgage payments.
- Providing relief from mortgage-related late fees and charges for 90 days.
- Foregoing new foreclosures for 60 days.
- Refraining from reporting adverse credit scoring information based upon the borrower’s accessing relief.
- Working with borrowers on their specific needs or concerns.
- List of financial institutions providing residential mortgage relief
- La Lucha Fund - Resource specifically for our undocumented community in Kent County. This fund offers cash assistance for those in need and unable to access state and federal forms of support living in Kent County.
Flyers & Fact Sheets
Click on image to download flyer.
For resources in multiple languages, click here.