What does WIC Provide?
This is an important, and required, aspect of the WIC Program.
Classes cover different topics every visit, are held at each WIC clinic, and are designed to help participants with:
- Infant & toddler feeding
- Prenatal weight gain
- Anemia or iron deficiency
- Child growth and development and other nutrition related health issues
Nutrition Education classes may also be completed online.
If you have a nutrition education appointment scheduled and would like to save time, then visit www.wichealth.org for great learning opportunities, WIC meal planning tools, & delicious easy recipe ideas.
Online Topics as of December 2016 at www.wichealth.org
- Mothers in Motion Video Series
- Food Safety for Moms to Be
- A recipe for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Understanding Your Baby’s Sleep
- Keep Your Family Safe from E. Coli
- Preparing for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Be Healthy As Your Baby Grows
- Be Healthy with Fruits and Vegetables
- Protect your family from lead with healthy foods
- Understanding Your Baby’s Cues
- Breastfeedng: Building a Bond for a Lifetime
- Starting your Infant on Solid Foods
- Baby’s First Cup
- Make Mealtime a Family Time
- Making Healthy Meals
- Farm to Family: Keeping Food Safe
- Shopping With Your WIC Food Benefits
- Meatless Meals for Busy Families
- Healthy Whole Grains
- Eat Well-Spend Less