Health Equity & Social Justice Workshops
Register today for the 2019 Health Equity and Social Justice Dialogue Workshop.
Kent County Health Department
700 Fuller Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
9:00am - 4:00pm
- January 23 & January 30
- April 24 & May 1
- September 12 & September 19
- November 6 & November 13
The Kent County Health Department in conjunction with Strong Beginnings and Healthy Kent is offering workshops to help engage its workforce and the community in learning through dialogue about improving community health by addressing:
- Cultural identity and multicultural self-awareness
- Perspectives on oppression and privilege
- The historical role that public health and human services have played in promoting social change, and
- How all of these things affect our efforts to improve the health of our community
Enrollment is free and open to anyone. Only a limited number of spots are available.
- Participants must be able to attend both dates of their selected workshop.
- Participants will be given one hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
- These sessions are made possible with support from the Kent County Health Department, Strong Beginnings (Federal Healthy Start) and Healthy Kent and are modeled after Ingham County Health Department’s Health Equity and Social Justice Dialogue Workshops.
The workshop will engage participants in experiential learning through dialogue on health inequities, social justice, and other factors that influence the health of individuals, communities, and overall population health.
To Register: Call or email Karyn Pelon at (616) 632-7216 or register below.