Blood Borne Pathogen Prevention Training
Kent County Health Department offers in person, industry specific BBP trainings for body artists throughout the year, click the button below for a fillable registration form.
KCHD is unable to offer Bloodborne Pathogen classes at this time. Seek online, industry-specific training. Contact your assigned sanitarian for more information.
Scheduling and Cancellation Policies
- The cost of the training is $30.00 per individual
- Download and complete the registration form and either email, mail or submit in person at our offices. See email and address below.
- Refunds will not be given under any circumstance.
- Fee must be paid, and application must be submitted prior to the date of the course. If unable to attend course, applicant must provide at minimum 72-hour notice to transfer fee to another course. Any time less than 72 hours, applicant will not be eligible for a transfer and fee will not be refunded. If you do need to cancel, please contact our office at 616-260-9267.
If paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover), download and complete the registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may then call our office at 616-632-6900 to make payment.
Payment and form may also be mailed to:
Kent County Health Department
700 Fuller Avenue N. E.
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1918
Minimum and Maximum Participant Policy
- If fewer than 8 people sign up 1 week before the training, the training will be cancelled. Registered participants will be notified.
- If a training at the Kent County Health Department is cancelled for any reason, registration fees will be applied to a future training.
- In-Shop trainings can be rescheduled up to 1 week in advance if there will not be at least 8 people in attendance. Registration fees will be applied to a future training. If at least one week of notice is not provided, registration fees that were paid by that shop will be forfeited and they will have to pay again to be trained in the future.
- A maximum of 20 people can attend trainings located at the Kent County Health Department.
- Maximum number of participants for In-Shop trainings will vary depending on the shop. The number will be decided by the Kent County Health Department before the training is scheduled.
Attendance and Assessment Policies
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
- Doors will be closed 15 minutes after the training begins. People who arrive after that time cannot participate in the training. Their registration fee will be forfeited.
- In order to receive the Certificate of Completion, one must arrive on time, attend the entire training and pass the post test.
- Participants will be given worksheets to help them follow along with the information and recognize key points. Worksheets and notes can be used to help take the post test.
- Break times will be provided throughout the training. Restrooms, drinking fountains and vending machines are located nearby. Please return to the training room when the scheduled break time is over.
- Please turn off or silence any electronic devices during the training.
- The Kent County Health Department reserves the right to withhold the Certificate of Completion at their discretion.