Board of Commissioners
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was recently enacted to provide $150 billion in economic relief for eligible units of local government impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Of this amount, Kent County was awarded $114.6 million. This funding presents the County with an opportunity to assist our local units of government, community partners, and local small businesses who experienced unexpected costs related to the pandemic as well as cover our COVID-19 related expenditures.
- U.S. Department of Treasury - CARES Act
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Guidance for State, Territorial, Local, and Tribal Governments
- U.S. Department of Treasury – Costs Incurred Report
COVID-19 Relief Subcommittee
The Kent County Board of Commissioners established a COVID-19 Relief Subcommittee to identify all of the available federal and state funding and the allowable uses of each fund and recommending to the Board of Commissioners guidelines for disbursement of the CARES funding.
- COVID Relief Subcommittee Executive Report | Spanish
- Kent County COVID-19 Potential Funding Sources
- Kent County Tracked Expenses (06/03/20)
- Meeting Minutes & Agendas
- Meeting Materials