Board of Commissioners
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was recently enacted to provide $150 billion in economic relief for eligible units of local government impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Of this amount, Kent County was awarded $114.6 million. This funding presents the County with an opportunity to assist our local units of government, community partners, and local small businesses who experienced unexpected costs related to the pandemic as well as cover our COVID-19 related expenditures.
- U.S. Department of Treasury - CARES Act
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Guidance for State, Territorial, Local, and Tribal Governments
COVID-19 Relief Subcommittee
The Kent County Board of Commissioners established a COVID-19 Relief Subcommittee to identify all of the available federal and state funding and the allowable uses of each fund and recommending to the Board of Commissioners guidelines for disbursement of the CARES funding. The Subcommittee’s schedule is as follows:
- May 14, 2020 10:00 a.m.
- May 19, 2020 at 10:00a.m.
- May 21, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- May 26, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- May 28, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- Meeting Minutes & Agendas
- Kent County COVID-19 Potential Funding Sources
- Kent County Tracked Expenses (05/08/20)