Friend of the Court

Unclaimed Payments (or Escheated Funds)

The MiCSES system will automatically escheat unclaimed payments to the State of Michigan Treasury office November lst of every year. If the Friend of the Court office has been unable to locate you for a period of time, any payments that are not claimed will be escheated.

If you suspect you may have unclaimed property related to child support payments or refunds, first contact our office at (877) 543-2660 to confirm. Once the FOC gives you the information, you should contact the State of Michigan Department of Treasury - Abandoned & Unclaimed Property Division at (517) 335-4327 or (517) 636-5320 10 a.m. to 4:30 Monday through Friday. You may also contact them by email at They can assist you in completing the paperwork necessary to claim the funds.

To check for unclaimed property, search the Treasury's unclaimed property database. There are no fees associated with claiming unclaimed property.